Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why Melbourne?

For what reasons did I decide to stay in Melbourne for again?

* The shitty weather
* The petrol prices
* The politics of CSC

I am almost ready to go back and get out of here again. I am loving the fact that I am seeing all my friends and the normality of things is great but I am ready to go. I am still searching for that something. I have no idea what that something is but I am not ready to be at home just yet. I want to go and visit my mum. I want to go to Canada and snowboard. I want to volunteer in an orphanage in Ecuador.

In the back of my mind though, I have this nagging voice saying 'oh but Simone, you need to go back to work. You need to live a normal life.' I hate that voice. It is the voice of reason and I don't like what it is saying. Actually, it is the voice of my dad. Ah ha! There we go - pinned the reason why I am so eager to leave this country again. I hate being dictated and even though he has learnt he can't dictate anything in my life now, I still hear that voice.

I am excited about Canada after reading Kirsty's blog and hearing what she has been up to. I had forgotten that excited feeling that you get when you start a new adventure but thanks to Kirsty for bringing it back. I think my mind has been too preoccupied with other things to even think about Canada.

Anyway 2 more months in Melbourne and then travel and Canada. Exciting times ahead.

No comments: