Monday, May 5, 2008

Australia

My very first post being back in Australia! Wow, so much has happened in the past month that I don't know where to begin. It has been amazing being back home and I had been looking forward to coming home since August last year. Strange really because I should have been immersed in the London life but really, I was a little bit sad. Don't get me wrong, I have had the best time ever in London and have loved every second of it and am looking forward to getting back there to do the touristy thing but to be honest, I was getting sick of the artificial environment.

Jade kept talking about this artificial environment which I didn't believe at first but then she kind of convinced me that it is true to some extent, especially now that I'm home and I hear from none of the 'friends' I have made in the UK. I guess because I kept thinking to myself that I would be coming home in April that I didn't need proper friends in London and didn't try as hard as I could have to establish good friendships so that was slack on my behalf. At the same time, the friendships that were made, especially the friendships I thought were strong and solid, have proved to be nothing more than a lie.

It's amazing how easily I have slipped back into my life here and have found that it is exactly the same as it was before I left. The only thing that has changed is me and my perceptions of things. Other people may not see this though but I see it really clearly.

Anyway it has taken me weeks to finish this post so I think I'm going to press 'Publish Post' now otherwise I never will! More soon enough I'm sure : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with what you have said. The people who you thought are great friends have slipped away. I suppose that is what happnes, life moves on. The 'great friendship' which you made in high school and uni, how many of them still exist? I believe that friendship is not based on length of time, you can experience great friendship for a short time - someone doesnt need to be in your life forever to be a great friend.

Being home for me - was very much the same as it has alwasy been. I slotted back into life and question the 'dream' i had for two years. That seems sureal.

Rach :)