Sunday, May 25, 2008

UK Tax ... A NIGHTMARE!

OH MY GOODNESS! UK tax is a nightmare without all the right forms that I need but cannot obtain because I'm not in the UK anymore!

I have been sending emails back and forth with HMRC to determine what documents I need and how to go about getting them but by the time I get all these documents I won't even be in Australia to USE them. There is no way that I am letting my UK tax get eaten up by the UK government though. I plan on claiming it even if it kills me!

It isn't really that difficult, it is just frustrating because I need these forms and conversing over email to get all this sorted takes time because you have to wait for them to get back into the office and read the email, reply and then they need to wait for MY reply so as you can imagine - it is taking forever.

I thought I had all of the right documents ready and then I re-read one of the emails from HMRC and it mentioned a document I don't have - but ISS Group, who is my employer, said I don't need that particular form. If I am confusing YOU imagine how I feel!

It will all work itself out, it always does, but it is just going to take time and it is going to be a pain in my ass. It will all be worthwhile when I receive my tax though! Going directly through HMRC also means that I will not have to pay any agency fees... Bonus!

No comments: