Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tax and Money

Well my UK tax has been posted to the tax offices in the UK and hopefully they have enough information to complete them! After the numerous emails sent back and forth between the tax offices in London I think that I should be okay. Now it is just a waiting game to see how long it takes before I get my cheque - which I won't be here to cash in... Ugh. Still that is easy enough to work around.

I am also looking forward to completing my Australian tax return thanks to a really smart lady at work who decided that it would be a fabulous idea to tax me in the highest possible tax bracket resulting in a terrible pay for a fortnight! I have had so many people say 'yeah but think of it as prolonged saving' but that doesn't help when I am leaving the country in 5 weeks.

So, money is thankfully trickling in from places here and there. I'm not looking forward to these 3 weeks spent in the UK cos I just know they are going to cost me a fortune but at least I have lived there and can be savvy with my money when I'm there. I think I will spend a lot of time hanging out in parks and relaxing. I'm just looking forward to getting my pale white skin out into the sun and working on my tan.

No comments: