Monday, February 23, 2009

A little bit of pressure goes the wrong way!

I hate pressure. Air pressure that is! Ever since moving to Calgary my sinuses have gone to shit. Something about Chinooks and the wind from the mountains, whatever, makes my sinuses not very happy and today I'm feeling kind of flat because of this stupid pressure. It doesn't happen every day and I'm sure if I popped a sinus tablet I'd be fine, but, I am against taking unnecessary medication. At least it isn't as bad as Seattle. I found it to be much worse at my mums, I always thought it may have just been my mum who made my head spin ... *kidding* ... but even in Vancouver I had horrible headaches so I'm guessing I didn't spend long enough there to adjust! 

The big day arrives on Wednesday when I move into my new apartment! I am pretty excited about this as I have my own bathroom, I can decorate however I want because it is MINE and not someone else's house that I'm moving into, although Kylie will have her stuff there but it's not like someone owns the house and we've moved in like the houses before this.. so... I'm excited. Half my stuff is there now and I've just got my bed and a few random things to move as well so should be fairly painless. I have the cutest shower curtain in the world and this is the teacher coming out in me because it is of little fish with googly eyes! Definitely not what I would have in my own house however because it is so expensive to have a co-ordinated bathroom I figure I can have cute fish for the time 
being. Looooooove Walmart! 

Another bit of exciting, albeit ridiculous news considering the event I'm excited for is 4 months away ... but I bought my cowboy hat for Calgary Stampede! I went to the mall, saw a hat and decided, heck, why not buy this thing right here and now. So, off I trot to the counter, cowboy hat in hand.. I hand over my magical plastic card which they proceed to swipe... I wait, in anticipation.. accepted... phew, I was worried for a second there when I saw his brow crease in confusion, but soon enough the hat was mine... along with a necklace, earrings, a movie (well, okay so technically I didn't take that home with me, but still!), random house stuff like food storage containers and excited with those purchases, Kylie and I made our way to Moxies, after saying goodbye to Michelle, and proceeded to bitch out boys and girls alike over quite a few Bellinis (her) and Raspberry Temptations (me) be
fore deciding to go home and hit the hay for a reasonably quite Saturday night.

It's Sunday now and my plans for the day include going for a walk to enjoy the niceish weather... considering my room looks like a clothes bomb has gone off, I may even continue tossing things into bags to prepare for M Day but I am pretty sure my enthusiasm won't last for longer than 5 minutes, hence why my clothes are still strewn over the floor right now. Oh, I also acquired a plant from one of my friends who is moving up to Fort McMurray (oil fields) for a few months so now I've been given this daunting task of looking 
after Roxanne (see picture)... how do you keep a plant alive...??? I lost fish so I am scared that he will come back only to find Roxanne gone and I will be in b.i.g trouble!!!

No comments: