Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Life in London Update!

It seems that life in London never seems to slow to a normal pace - it is always rush rush rush! That's why when I went to Germany for the weekend (and before you get all excited and go 'oooh Simone went to Germany', I visited family so it wasn't overly exciting because I didn't sightsee) it was nice to just relax. I found that because I have spent the past 5 months in a complete rush that it was hard to relax and sit around doing nothing. I ended up getting bored but it was great seeing mum and other people in my family who live in Germany who I rarely see.

There are a few exciting opportunities out there for me in the teaching world - SANZA my fantastic teaching agency has put me up for several positions which begin in September. I though they were only short contracts but it turns out they are yearly. While I was opposed to the idea of getting a yearly contract, now I am kind of excited about having my own classroom again. It means more work and I can't take time off when I please but it means regular income, familiarity and routine. I'm still deciding what I want to do about this though. The chances would be that I'd get a Year 2 class or I'd get between 2-3 days work a week at a school covering different teachers while they get their PPA (Planning Prep and Assessment time).


Hmm what else has been happening..

Oh, I went out with that guy last week. We went to see Vacancy and it was the worst movie in the world! We both walked out and regretted seeing it and said we should have seen Fantastic Four but oh well. It was fun and we had a good time so we'll see what happens.

I'm going to continue scoffing down German chocolate for now until my diet officially begins tomorrow (I think this is the 500th time I've said this since arriving in London - it's terrible!)

No comments: