Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Two Worlds

I completely and utterly love London! It's the most amazing experience in the world and I've only been here 6 weeks but I have learnt SO much about so many things.

I have found that I am extremely patriotic and will boast about Australia to anyone who is willing to listen. I bought Vegemite at a UK supermarket just so I could have a little piece of home with me and seeing or hearing about Australia makes me remember just how much I love home.

While I would never come home from London before my time here is done, I am reminded of all the things I love about Australia that I took for granted...

I took my friendships for granted and if I had the chance I would have made more of an effort with my friends (so you can look forward to that when I get back home!) Even just hearing about Pugg Mahones or Bridie O'Reily's makes me sad because I remember how much fun I had at those places!

But, I am making up for lost time in London but I am doing it with people who are my London friends and I really want my friends back home to know that I care about each and every one of you and I'm sorry if I did take our friendship for granted! It may have taken me moving to a different country to realise this but better late than never!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hi,

I just wanted to say how much I love your blog. I'm going to London myself in July, and reading your blog has been so helpful, I cant wait to get there and be as excited as you are! Keep it coming :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey...
You tell ya friends but not me!! :'( Nah jokes lol , i no ya still luv me hehe! Take care love u sooo much, n u no wot i think i took havin an aunty for granted to i wish i had of seen u more! Ok i better go i am crying ritin this (literally) Love ya heaps xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog - what a great reminder of London!

It took me until I went overseas to realise how much my friends meant to me, so your post really does ring true.

Keep up the wonderful writings :)