Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Canada..

Ok it is 100% decided. No backing out now.

I am going to Canada.

Definitely.

It is going to be exhausting on me financially but you know what... I can always earn more money. These experiences are worth more than a million pounds. It is worth even more than being handed it on a silver platter because I have worked so hard to get where I am and it is so rewarding. It sucks living on a budget but it has been the most amazing experience and I have learnt so much from it. Had I have stayed in Australia I would be stuck in the same mundane job, doing the same thing, following the same routine. I would never have known all these fabulous people that I have since met in London - some of those bonds are unbreakable.

I know I have whinged and complained and wished many times that I could just jump on the first plane back to Melbourne and never ever have to think about London again.. But you know what - I am so glad that I didn't do that because I would regret it so much. I think I had to learn that it is ok to be who I am and that everyone struggles from time to time. I think London can be hard at the best of times but it's something you just have to deal with. I've come so far to let a few issues worry me and it's taken a long time for me to realise that. I'm not perfect but you know what, I like who I am and that has allowed me to accept everything else that has come my way.

To those of you who have listened to me bitch and whine constantly throughout my London journey - THANK YOU and I appreeciate everything you have done for me since being over here.

Anyway aside from that big ramble... C.A.N.A.D.A!!!

Holly is in Canada and Kirsty is going to Canada. One of the girls I used to work with lived in Canada a few years ago and it just seems like it would be loads of fun. To be honest, I never even thought about Canada or even wanted to spend alot of time in Canada but really - how much fun would it be to spend 6 months in the snow! I can handle snow but I don't think I could handle 6 months of rain. Snow is fun... and I will get to learn how to snowboard... for FREE!

Now I've got to enlist the help of people who've been to Canada so that I have loads of information!

I'm SO excited. It means I won't be home to Melbourne for a while but hey, life goes on without me and I have also figured that life will always be there in Melbourne when I get back. One word comes to mind at the moment - chilled. I am so chilled about the whole thing I wonder how long it'll last before I start to stress...

P.S Thanks to the annon comment bout going home, coming back. Think I kinda decided that it wasn't worth going home and staying there. There is so much to do in London and summer will be awesome (let's just hope the weather gets nice before August cos I won't be in London after that!) Bring on the summer Pimms! Mmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi simone,
i am so happy for you , you will love canada and the people are so nice, you made the right decision, so much to see and do while you are still young, and every thing will always fall in place, good on yea
love you