Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's like a BiG Roller Coaster!

London is the biggest roller coaster that I’ve ever been on in my life. You have the most amazing times and meet so many awesome people which are definitely highlights of the whole big OE but at the same time, there are times when you can’t help but miss the security of ‘home’.

There are times when I just feel like I don’t fit in in London – yeah I have friends but it’s a Friday night and I have no where to go. It’s times like this that make me realise I need to keep developing my social network but it’s so easy to slip into a routine of hanging out with the same people because it’s easy.

Living here can be hard and frustrating at times but there is no way I regret coming here. Tough times aside, this has been the best experience ever and I’m discovering that I can survive on my own (well, apart from a couple of bank deposits from dad – but I swear I’m on my own from now on!) and there have been times when I would have loved to have packed up and taken the first flight back to Melbourne but I’ve stuck through it and ended up realising that things were never that bad.

You guys all know that I am a bit of a drama queen and am usually more sensitive to certain things then others would be but I think I’m doing pretty well given the circumstances!

No comments: