Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Vegemite Tales

Since I've only heard great things about The Vegemite Tales, I've wanted to see it for ages. So, when Kirra told me she could get cheap tickets, I was definitely in!

It was an awesome show which definitely touched a chord with all of us antipodeans who are living in London. One of the characters stated that 'living in London is like putting real life on hold for a while' and that particularly runs true with me. It does feel like your life is in a massive limbo while you are in London. Another thing that stuck out was when one of the characters mentioned that in London there are no responsibilities except for making sure rent is paid on time. So true. Life is easy in London but at the same time, the show also pointed out that at times 'real life' does show its ugly face, bringing us back down to reality and making us realise that at some point we are going to have to return home and face reality.

But, for now it is fun enjoying the atmosphere which is London and hopefully I will start experiencing more fun now that I'm moving into my large share house.

And for those of you who are thinking about seeing The Vegemite Tales, I definitely recommend it for a good laugh. It truly does represent what Aussies are like living in London and there is a character that everyone can relate to in some way or another.

On a random note - why have I sprouted out in pimples just as I'm going to go on my tour of Ireland! Eeek!

No comments: